At nzonlinepokies.co.nz we strive to provide accurate and up to date reviews of top NZ pokies, and no list would be complete without a review of the Village People Macho Moves online pokie! This pokie is a Microgaming classic which features the well-loved song Y.M.C.A. song.
How to Play
Unquestionably unique and quite colourful, Village People Macho Moves is set on a disco stage where you will see all the iconic characters from the band each representing their feel. When you spin the reels¸ you will see 4 card suit symbols alongside dancing boots, sunglasses, microphones, vinyl record and cassettes. The last five have the same value and give you 6x your stake for six matching symbols. The game also has a standard wild symbol represented by a white ball that substitutes for all symbols.
- Reels: 6
- Paylines: 15
- Min Bet: 0.15
- Max Bet: 25.00
- Wilds: Yes
- Scatters: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Game: No
- Progressive Jackpot: No
There are two types of wilds in this game. The standard wild, represented by the disco ball and this acts as a substitute with the standard symbols allowing you to land more or better value wins. You can also land these across the reels to land the biggest win in the main game of 250x your bet for six across the reels on a single pay line. Wild symbols can be stacked 3-high and the more you get on the reels, the higher the payout is likely to be.
In addition to the standard wilds, there is the VP Wild that differs slightly in colour and design to the standard wild. When you collect the VP Wild, it turns the two symbols above and below it wild on the reel and can be used as a standard wild to land wins.
When you collect a VP Wild, you get to light up one of the lights on the reel of the Village People band member. By lighting five of these lights, you trigger the Free Spins bonus linked to that band member, with each game being different from the other in terms of the number of spins and the bonus feature.
When you activate enough VP Wilds to fill the VP Wild Meter for either of the Village People band members, you get to launch the bonus game associated with that band member. There are six in number and include:
- Construction Workers Macho Move Feature (Reel 1) – you get five free spins with x2 and x20 random multiplier.
- Cowboy’s Macho Move Feature (Reel 2) – you receive five free spins with two to 12 wilds added on each free spin.
- Cop’s Macho Move feature (Reel 3) –you get five free spins with two to four wild reels on each free spin.
- Native’s Macho Move Feature (Reel 4) -you get five free spins with two extra wild reels five and six which then match one reel left after every free spin.
- Biker’s Macho Move feature (Reel 5) -five free spins with the low-value royal symbols replaced with one of the higher paying symbols for bigger wins.
- Sailor’s Macho Move feature (Reel 6) – you are awarded 5 free spins with 1-3 wilds randomly sticking in place with every free spin.
Graphics and Sound
The sound and the graphics are quite vivid and how the Village People kick in singing whenever you land a big win or activate a bonus feature is a real delight. The humour is elusive but nicely done. Factory Fortune has done a great job of realizing this pokie.
Village People Macho Moves is an action-packed game and offers lots of different extras during the free spins feature. The most rewarding is the Construction Worker’s Macho Move feature with a 20x multiplier. You can win up to 2,400x your stake on each of the free spin.
The Village People Macho Moves pokie VP wild feature is the game’s most rewarding feature. It is during this feature that you can unlock wins of up to 2,400x your bet per free spin.