Online Casino Software Providers
While admiring the way any of our recommended online casinos look, remember to spare a thought for those online software providers whose talents are powering that casino, giving you all those cool games to choose from.
Online casino software providers are the real reason that online casinos exist and it’s only through the technological advances that these software companies have made, that these casinos are where they are today.
There are more online casino software providers today than ever before but there are only a handful that are considered to be the real innovators and game-changers.
Most Popular Casino Games Providers
- Microgaming: The original online casino software provider, the granddaddy of them all! Microgaming was there at the start and helped launch the first online casinos in the early nineties. This software provider has many strengths but are probably more well-known for their cutting edge slots and progressive jackpots (Mega Moolah being the most famous)
- Playtech: Established in 1999, Playtech are known for being innovative and are best known for their Marvel Comics slots series and their innovative and award-winning online poker rooms.
- Net Entertainment: More commonly known as NetEnt, this company was launched in 1996, making it second oldest to Microgaming. Best known for their modern graphics which feature animation qualities on par with major movie animators like Pixar and Disney.
- Aristocrat: One of the oldest gaming companies in the world, having produced its first physical machine in 1956. Known for producing quality, cutting edge graphics and slots based on top movies and series.
- WMS: Williams Interactive, more commonly known as WMS has been around since 1942 and originally created pinball machines. Today WMS software is part of the larger Scientific Gaming Corporation and creates all sorts of casino games for online casinos as well as land-based casinos.
- IGT: With initials standing for International Game Technology this software provider can be found at online casinos all around the world. Some of the top IGT casino games are Cleopatra, Texas Tea, and Stinkin Rich.
- Betsoft: Founded in Malta in 2006, Betsoft is known for its innovative 3D slot games and cinematic gaming experiences. They have gained recognition for their visually stunning graphics and engaging storytelling in their casino games.
- Play’n GO: Play’n GO is a reputable Swedish software provider celebrated for its wide variety of mobile-friendly casino games. They are known for their commitment to creating games with seamless gameplay and impressive graphics.
- Yggdrasil Gaming: Yggdrasil is a prominent software developer known for its unique and visually striking pokies. Their games often feature intriguing themes and innovative gameplay mechanics, making them a favorite among players seeking fresh experiences.
- NextGen Gaming: NextGen Gaming is an Aussie software provider renowned for its extensive portfolio of pokies. They are known for producing high-quality titles with diverse themes, appealing graphics, and exciting bonus features, catering to a broad range of player preferences.
- NYX Gaming Group: NYX, now part of SG Digital, offers a wide range of casino games and platforms. They are known for their comprehensive content solutions, including pokies, table games, and sports betting, making them a preferred choice for online casino operators seeking versatility. The company was founded in Las Vegas, Nevada, but has since become part of SG Digital, a division of Scientific Games, which is based in the United Kingdom.
- Bally Technologies: Bally’s extensive presence in over 550 land-based casinos globally speaks to its dominance in the world of pokies, offering players a diverse range of immersive gaming experiences. Bally renowned for its century-long legacy in pinball, has seamlessly transitioned into the realm of online casino games, with a notable presence in both land-based and virtual gambling establishments worldwide.
You can check out the different styles of the software companies in the demo version of the following pokie games by clicking on the ‘Play For Free’ button.
Gonzo’s Quest was developed by NetEnt, Incredible Hulk by Playtech and Avalon, and Fantastic 7’s by Microgaming:
Which Online Casino Software Provider is Best Suited For You?
Deciding which of these top casino software providers is the best one that will most suit your specific needs or likes really comes down to what they prefer to specialise in, and their individual style of design.
Most Kiwis actually prefer the old style of online casino software which is a lot more reminiscent of the older real land-based casinos. If you prefer the look and feel of the older 3 reel and 5 reel style slots with somewhat simpler animations and cleaner game UI’s (user interface) then try to stick more to Microgaming or Playtech games.
However, if you are more into modern designs and cutting edge graphics and high-speed action sequences, then choosing Net Entertainment is probably going to be a better choice for you. Playing NetEnt games is quite a lot like watching a really well-produced and designed animated movie. Especially when it comes to the famous storytelling online slots.
During the nineties, when the online casino industry was in its infancy and in the early part of the ‘noughties’, most online casinos only used a single online gaming software provider. This was mostly because there were so few around at the time.
Multi Software Providers Casinos
While some casinos still prefer to stick to a single software provider (you will find quite a few on our recommended list), most modern casinos, established after 2007, prefer to use multiple software providers.
The ideal behind using multiple casino software providers is to provide the player with as much variety and innovation as possible. This also makes the casino more competitive within one of the most competitive industries in the world. Some great examples of multi-software online casinos are Guts Casino and LeoVegas NZ.
Another interesting aspect of the modern online casino business model is the agreement between the software provider and casino operator. In the modern online casino, the software provider installs their games and also manages them on the casino’s behalf in exchange for a share of the casino’s profits.
The casino then concentrates on drawing in more players, providing attractive bonus offers and special promotions (such as free spins no deposit win real money NZ), publicity, customer support and everything non-software related. This model provides the player with the best of both worlds and is proving to be very successful. You will also find a number of these types of casinos in our recommended online casino list.
- What are online casino software providers?
Online casino software providers are companies that develop and supply the games and technology behind online casinos. They create the software platforms, design and develop the casino games, and ensure the smooth functioning of the online gambling experience.
- Which are the most popular online casino software providers?
Some of the most popular online casino software providers include Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Betsoft, Aristocrat, Play’n GO, Yggdrasil, WMS Gaming, and IGT. These providers are known for their high-quality games and innovative features.
- Can I try games from different software providers at online casinos?
Yes, many modern online casinos feature games from multiple software providers. This allows players to enjoy a wide variety of games with different styles, themes, and features. Multi-software casinos offer a diverse gaming experience and cater to different preferences.
- How do I choose the best online casino software provider for me?
Choosing the best online casino software provider depends on your personal preferences and the type of gaming experience you’re seeking. If you enjoy classic-style slots and a more traditional casino feel, providers like Microgaming and Playtech may be suitable. For modern designs, cutting-edge graphics, and immersive gameplay, NetEnt is a popular choice.
- Do online casinos pay software providers a share of their profits?
In many cases, online casinos and software providers have revenue-sharing agreements. The software provider supplies and manages the games on behalf of the casino, and in return, they receive a percentage of the casino’s profits. This mutually beneficial arrangement allows both parties to focus on their respective areas of expertise.
- Are games from different software providers equally fair and reliable?
Yes, games from reputable software providers undergo rigorous testing and certification to ensure fairness and reliability. These providers use random number generators (RNGs) to ensure that game outcomes are truly random and unbiased. Additionally, licensed online casinos are regulated by gaming authorities, which further ensures the integrity of the games.