How to Play
Thunderstruck 2 isn’t too far off from the original Thunderstruck pokie, both of which can be found at all Microgaming casinos. It features the familiar 5 reels set up but also offers Microgaming’s 243 Way to Win combination potential, making the game far more interesting than the original. Here is a quick breakdown of the games main features:
- Reels: 5
- Paylines: 4/243 Ways to Win
- Min Coin Size: $0.30
- Max Coin Size: $15
- Active Paylines: Fixed
- Wild Symbol: Yes
- Scatter Symbol: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Game: Yes
- Jackpot: Pooled
- Mobile Play: Yes (phone/tablet)
Aside from the usual playing card symbols, Thunderstruck 2 also features a slew of great Viking type symbols including Valkyries, long ships, Odin, Loki, Thor, the Raven and of course Mjolnir, Thor’s mythical and magical hammer.
In Thunderstruck 2 the games wild symbol is represented by the Thunderstruck II Logo which can be used to substitute other game symbols except the games scatter symbol. This makes creating winning combinations much easier and much faster. Winning combinations that include the wild symbol are also doubled.
The games scatter symbol is represented by Thor’s hammer Mjolnir and getting three or more of these will trigger the bonus game, Great Hall of Spins. The Great Hall of Spins offers players different amounts of free spins with accompanying multipliers. There are four different levels in the bonus game, each with its own unique character presiding over it.
Graphics and Sounds
Thunderstruck 2 takes the original concept and injects it with a more realistic and awe-inspiring graphic design that is sure to inspire players to conquer the game in the true Viking spirit! The graphics are superb, with each character beautifully rendered upon an icy background.
The game symbols are all animated and winning combinations include mystical explosions, accompanied by dancing electrical surges around the pieces.
Characters are also all uniquely animated, making the whole game come to life in a magical way. The soundtrack is equally dramatic and offers a rocking guitar groove as you enter the Great Hall of Spins.
The big attraction here is the Great Hall of Spins as there is no real jackpot to speak of in the game. Unlike the original Thunderstruck where a single big jackpot was up for grabs, in the sequel players get to take chunks off a pooled jackpot in the Great Hall of Spins.
There are varying amounts of coins that can be won in this special bonus game and it all depends on the spins and the multipliers applied to them. Players have been known to leave the Great Hall of Spins with up to two million coins in consecutive visits to the hall.
The game offers a lower volatility than the original which will suit players who prefer a more regular, albeit smaller, payday.
The biggest special feature drawcard to Thunderstruck 2 is undoubtedly the Great Hall of Spins, which really makes it stand out from other free pokies NZ. The really cool thing with this bonus game is that, unlike some other pokies, players can visit the hall numerous times during a single game.
Each time a player visits the Great Hall of Spins, they can unlock different levels and there are four levels in all. Each of the four levels is also represented by a different mythological character and each offers different free spin totals and accompanying multipliers.
Here’s how each of the four levels works:
- Valkyrie Level: This is the initial level to the Great Hall of Spins and is accessible for the first four visits to the hall. This level offers players 10 free spins with each visit.
- Loki Level: This is the level that is opened on the fifth visit and visitors will receive 15 free spins from the God of Mischief. Loki will also give you a Wild Magic Feature, a gift that randomly transforms into more substitutes for more wins.
- Odin Level: The Odin Level is accessible after the tenth visit to the great hall and here Odin offers 20 free spins along with his Wild Raven which will turn various symbols randomly into various multipliers 2x or 3x.
- Thor Level: This level is accessible after fifteen visits to the Great Hall of Spins and here players can get 25 free spins along with a Rolling Reels feature. Rolling Reels also includes a 5x multiplier.